• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won an AT Abominable Snowman on Ebay today. Here he is. There's no snow here yet, so he may find it hard travelling on foot from Ohio. Once here there should be plenty of snow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600(55).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5396

Comment

• Great score Myles! It's my understanding these are hard to find. I'm thinking those were only available in one Sears set.

Last edited by TNshooter; 11-14-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• I think you're right. I've been looking one for a while with no success. Glad I found this one! In other news, my Geyperman hands arrived today from Hobbycrash! I was really surprised since they came from Spain. Maybe shipping times are improving?
        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 11-15-2021, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Nice. I have one of these that I have had for as long as I can remember. Too bad he is so small. I want to complete the whole set one of these days, besides 3 other sets I have been working on since the days of the AOL Trenches.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Today I splurged a little. I found a couple of things I could not pass up on Tak7's ebay page. One was an unbroken stretcher! (I've never seen a vintage one without breaks!) and also a rifle for a Soldier Ape from POTA. I also went to 3rdSonBooks and purchased a lot of the reproduction comics he makes https://www.gijoeat3rdsonbooks.com/b...ro-mini-comics I also got a set of 4 repro AT decals for good measure. And I also bought one of the Mego Soldier Apes (the modern kind) from a different Ebay vendor. So it was a splurge of a small sort. Tomorrow I need to renew our AAA membership and maybe some other critical items.

I also spent some time looking at Pawtuckett Platoon's facebook page. I drooled over a lot of his creations. Then tonight, I watched Kenny McGregor's cool FB auction and picked up an AT pistol and an almost complete West Point Cadet uniform. I'm stoked!!
            Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 11-17-2021, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• I want to get back into vintage 12" Joe, BUT, I have been getting the new 6" GIJoe Classified figures. At first I didn't like them and thought they were too much at $19.99 apiece. I now have 19 of them. They are nice figures and Hasbro have actually been listening to collectors and improving the figures. The latest figures announced(B.A.T., Spirit, and Tiger Force Outback)look great. Best looking figures so far.
              The Joe Collecting "Geek".
              Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
              www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
              Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
              www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
              www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my new art? Check out:
              www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Last night I won an auction for another AT lot on Ebay. Here is a photo from Ebay of the contents. The uniforms look very nice and almost new (some of them), and there is a likely intact Adventurer as part of the haul. This will be only my second Adventurer. There also are a few nice pieces of paperwork, and of course three, and maybe 5 complete vehicles. Including a nearly complete AT Helicopter (I have 3 already) and a nice looking but dirty ATV. After cleanup both should look really good. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (11).jpg
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	5420

Comment

• Nice haul Myles! I'm guessing it cost you a pretty penny.

Comment

• The shipping was a lot, but it will be a big box I'm sure. The rest of the price was less than you'd pay for just the Adventurer. If he's intact.

Comment

• Cotswold finally had their KFG Geyperman hands back in stock today, so I ordered 4 pairs. I also found they once again had tan belt sliders, so I ordered a bunch of those. Also some more Navy insignia, and a decal for the Scramble Pilot helmet I got from 3rd Son Books. I also got my most recent 2 shipment from 3rd Son, which were a bunch of replica AT comic books, and also 8 keychains for my remaining 6 AT vintage tags that needed them. I also got a modern replica of the breeches buouy harness, and a replacement belt for the AT Mobile Support Center (from another vendor on Ebay). So all in all a good day for Gi Joe. I'll enjoy fixing up my tan pistol belts over the holidays, and putting them on my MP and other figures.

Comment

• Soundsl like Christmas came early for you this year, Myles! Congrats!
                        - ATC

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20211204_203225.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5429

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211204_203231.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5430 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211204_203311.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5431

Yesterday I arranged to purchase a 40th Army Joe in Chicago. I went to pick him up today and not only does he have the 2 pocket uniform I like, but he also had a nearly complete MP uniform behind him in the same box! A very nice surprise for the price paid. I'll post some pics soon.
                          Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-05-2021, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Score!!!

- ATC

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (9).jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	5440 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_223816.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	5441

On Saturday I continued my Gi Joe buying binge. I think it's now complete for a while. I won two auctions for partial Gi Joe AT bodies. The cool thing is that today, they both arrived in the mail, with a THIRD body enclosed in the packaging! So now I have 3 new AT members. I already have the noggins for them all somewhere. I just need to find them. Then I'll get the other missing parts from the parts bin, and suit them up for reassignment to the Adventure Team!!! I'll post pictures of the completed Joes in the My Latest Projects thread soon.
                              Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-09-2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• The lot I won on 11/28 arrived yesterday. It was a treasure trove. I love getting lots with lots of stuff. You never know what will be in them that's not in the photos! This one had, among other things, a red first aid kit, a red flashlight (missing the silver "lens), a complete Adventurer uniform (minty) a complete Sea Adventurer uniform (very nice condition), Commander uniform (complete with some fading), and and a minty MOA shirt. Also 3 AT shoulder-holsters, 2 unbroken Lebel revolvers, a canister, glow belt, yellow tongs and glow rock from Radiation Detection, a complete UNBROKEN Adventurer with perfect flocking, a minty parachute from Fantastic Freefall, an intact dynamite stick, and 3 pairs of nice AT short black boots.
                                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-13-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X