• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. That wet suit looks really clean.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Thanks! This is from a son of a collector. He's selling his Dad's stuff here: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...24429850945637

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	5662

I bought this Joe from Facebook marketplace a few days ago. He's a gummy head Joe, with really perfect blonde paint. I think he'll be one of the cadets I'll be putting together. The Marine uniform is mostly in bad shape. Pants are dirty, the jacket is missing two snaps and the loop for the neck closure. And the hat is mostly hardened. The shoes are good though. I can always use a pair of vintage Joe shoes. They fit a lot better than the 40th ones. He also came with his tag which is nice. The gun on the left is almost certainly from the Chewbacca figures Hasbro produced.
        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 07-14-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Now I'm looking forward to the Kentuckiana show at the end of this month. I'm hoping to complete some sets with pieces and uniforms I find there. Hope to see all of you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	5662

I bought this Joe from Facebook marketplace a few days ago. He's a gummy head Joe, with really perfect blonde paint. I think he'll be one of the cadets I'll be putting together. The Marine uniform is mostly in bad shape. Pants are dirty, the jacket is missing two snaps and the loop for the neck closure. And the hat is mostly hardened. The shoes are good though. I can always use a pair of vintage Joe shoes. They fit a lot better than the 40th ones. He also came with his tag which is nice. The gun on the left is almost certainly from the Chewbacca figures Hasbro produced.
            That's definitely a Kenner Chewbacca bowcaster gun, missing the cross-bar par.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Custom Shirts

Comment

• If only it had the cross bar, that would make a cool addition to the weapons room!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	5696

This is my loot from Kentuckiana last weekend. I couldn't find much on my wants list, so I got almost all modern stuff, except for the MOA uniform from Darryl DePriest. I can never have too many of these. The boxes are from Pawtucket Platoon, and are of excellent quality like the club boxes were. The wetsuits were from Tearle Ashby and are made from the original molds!

Comment

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	5700

Tonight I decided I need some new project figures to start on. I have other older ones I'm still not done with, but I wanted some AT guys to fill out my uniforms. So here is what I got off Ebay tonight.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	5763
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	5764

These came at mail call yesterday and on Thursday. I got the lot without the Joe on Ebay, and the other one was a Facebook Marketplace purchase. There are several nice pieces in each lot, and some knockoff stuff too. I imagine these were childhood sets which were sold. The Joe is a Land Adventurer with some issues standing. His feet are also reversed. So that will need a little work. I may end up restringing and reflocking him. The older style Air Adventurer jumpsuit is nice but a bit dirty. The elastic is there, but not stretchy anymore. There's a decent Sea Adventurer uniform from the Emergency Rescue set. This set also included a nice Gi Joe M-1, but it has silver paint splashed near the muzzle where it shouldn't be. Still a nice rifle though. There's also a fully intact Machine gun here. No breaks! There are also 2 pairs of short AT boots in this lot. There also are several pieces of Jungle Survival here. I already have that set, so this will supplement some of the pieces I have in worse condition, or other sets. There's also a simulated leather bag I can't place, a toy ring with a weightlifter figure on the "stone" and a toy Redskins helmet.

The other set with the nice AT footlocker has a really nice Mike Power Race for Recovery jumpsuit. It has been starched and ironed though, so I hope it's okay when put on a Mike Power figure. There is also a nice Secret Agent trench coat which I will use. My others are more wrinkled. The Astronaut suit is in good condition with no rips, and is a 3 zipper version. It's also soft and pliable. All of the boots in this lot are KO. Not the best lots I've ever won, but they have some virtues. There are also some broken weights for the Deep Sea Diver's boots, and a partial Eight Ropes of Danger comic (missing the cover) I'll enjoy using some of these parts to outfit my other Joes being restored.
                    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 09-10-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• It's always nice when you find odds and ends that you can use to complete other sets!
                      Congrats!
                      - ATC

Comment

Name:	s-l1600 (6).jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	5773

Well tonight I finally got one of my holy grails. The Black Adventure Team Commander. He should arrive by September 20. The Team will be ready for inspection, and to show him around headquarters. His airfare wasn't bad either!
                        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 09-17-2022, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• The Commander has arrived! He's going through orientation and uniform issue. Pics will follow soon.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5780 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	5781 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	5782

Comment

• Belated congrats on the AA Talking Commander! It's a tough one to find and looks great on the shelf for sure! Out of the coffin boxes, the AA Talking Commander both HH and KFG are the two original boxes I'm missing.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Custom Shirts

Comment

• Today I made a few purchases on the bay. Sealed uniform set for my Asian Adventurer - which he has sorely missed, a small round antenna for the Troubleshooter, battery cables for the magnetic flaw detector, and a rubber tip for the AT helicopter. I'll have pics of the Asian Adventurer in his new uniform once it arrives, and after I restring him. He's gotten very floppy.

Comment

Working...
                                X