• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shermanator View Post
      Here is the Tonka Rescue Team Hummer, cleaned up and reassembled.
      That is a great looking vehicle Shermanator! Considering the circuitry and batteries, was it originally an RC vehicle? I wasn't aware of its existence. I might try to find one if it's not hard to find or too expensive.
      Do you know what year it was made?

Daryl

Comment

• I spoke too soon, Forestjoe just told me the years it was available.

Comment

• Thought I would resurrect this thread, since it's my favorite! I'm having more time to myself lately, so I'm hoping to get back to my Joe projects. I think next up will be to show you all the progress I've made on clearing space in my study for a Joe display. It's not finished by a long shot, but you can see how it's coming together. Hopefully pictures in a couple of days. Stay tuned!

Comment

• After a hiatus due to burnout, I've been picking up some figures lately. A Joe I got on the bay turned out to be a Canadian Joe, missing the lower parts of his arms. I have the parts to fix him, but I'm undecided on how to uniform him so that he doesn't look like
            the rest of my joes. I would like for him to look at least a little different to distinguish himself from the others.

I picked up a Joe from a Trencher on the FB page, great shape with a crisp soldier uniform. He needs his hair and scar repainted, which I've never done before, so that's a project for me.

I was able to get a different AA camo head on the bay, I have five CC Army SAW gunners which I have wanted to make the heads different. I have had the caucasion heads, but not a different AA head. Now that I have that I will be looking to do some head
            swaps.

For a long time I've wanted to change my HOF characters to more posable bodies. I have some, and four more coming. So that's yet another project.

Plus all of the others I've meant to do for some years now. LOL

Daryl

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	4558Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	4559Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	4560Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	4561Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	4562 Well, here's my displayed collection for now. This shows most of the currently displayed collection. I also have a Troubleshooter on the floor, another AT Helo on the floor, and a Training Tower set that's in the basement for now. It's still pretty messy, but starting to take shape.

Comment

• Looks good Myles!!

Comment

• I won my first Ebay Gi Joe auction in quite a while last night. It has pieces from the AT abominable snowman set (no snowman alas!), and some parts of other sets, like rescue raft, 8 ropes of danger, secret agent, Soldiers of the World, Spy Island, a Red headed Super-articulated Joe, as well as some weapons, dog tags (AT and regular), and some helmets & sailor hats. I should be able to give two figures their dog tags at long last, and maybe the treasure chest will contain some coins? Joe will find out. Looking forward to its arrival.

I'm thinking about trying a project over the holidays. I'm planning to take either 2 or 3 weeks off for Christmas, and am leaning towards 3. I have a lot of home projects to work on, and want to do some Joe repairs while I'm at it.
                  Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-03-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Tonight I got a few more parts off of Ebay. I was able to get a green light for the Mobile Support Vehicle, and also a few other things. So over the holidays, I'll make it a point to set up the Mobile Support Vehicle for display. It will go on the same desktop where the Desert Patrol Jeep is. I'm planning to put them head to head, and pose a few figures in and around the two vehicles. I'll post pics when I have it all set up. I'm doing a major reorganization of my study over the vacation. I really need to reorganize everything since I've been working from home since March. Things just aren't set up for that. But it will be good for Joe, since I don't need that desk for anything but storage. The other side of the room has a large wrap-around desk which I use for work, and everything else. I probably won't post pics of that, but if any of you are ever in Chicago, drop me a line and you can come see it for yourself.

Comment

• Getting an auction for four CC Joes, I was able to get my first HOF converted to a more pose-able body. One of the figures was the Ripper figure, which has muscular arms. Which was what I needed for
                      my HOF Major Bludd body, since he has exposed arms.

First photo is Bludd with his donor body, Ripper. Second is Bludd with the donor body stripped for transfer, and third the head swapped along with the body re-outfitted. Fourth, showing the new articulation.

Just a few more HOF figures to go.

Comment

• A second HOF transfer done. A CC figure with muscular arms for my Sgt. Savage figure. I didn't do a before photo, it was an HOF body. But it had a Sgt's tattoo on the upper right arm.
                        Changing the body I lost that, but Savage is basically a Hasbro version of Sgt. Rock. They did a six inch tall version of Savage and his Screaming Eagles after they stopped doing the
                        4" ARAH figures some time ago, just before the GI Joe Extreme line. This figure was the only 12" figure they did from that line. The photos show Savage after being transferred to a CC
                        body. Complete with his war torn clothes.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	4601Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	4600
                          Newest project. Restoring a Land Adventurer. He had something like makeup on his face and neck. Came off easily with a toothbrush and some dish soap. Now he needs a reflock, and a new hand.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	4603

Here he is after basic cleanup. The stuff on his face was probably makeup foundation - according to Mrs. Falworth! It came right off with a soft toothbrush and some dish detergent. He needs a new hand, and a reflock. Fortunately, he came with his AT dogtag, and boots. So I'll look for a nice Land Adventurer uniform for him, and get ready to send his head off for reflocking. The body is also pretty loose, but can stand on it's own. May or may not restring him.

Comment

• Just so everyone knows, I intend to keep posting here as long as I can. I like sharing my projects, and will keep on sharing. Hope you'll all do the same. Cheers!

Comment

• Tonight I pulled off the KFG hand. It took a bit of tugging but came right off. Next I tried putting on a hard hand and the peg slid in and out without really gripping. I then tried to get a better matching right hand off of an existing arm in my parts box, and couldn't get the hand off! I guess my hands are not as strong as they used to be. So now I'm wondering whether this guy was originally KFG or hard hands? The KFG hand was rock-hard and completely dried out. However the other hand matches the rivet color on the rest of the Joe. I'm not sure what to do. So I've set him aside for now. Next will be tackling the study and getting it more organized. My major goal for vacation.

Comment

Working...
                                X