• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K. I have a pile of stuff I have not looked at in a while. I think I may find some treasure that I forgotten too. Just don't remember where I put the pile. LOL.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	3915
      I've had a few recent acquisitions. I did a trade with Matt Stevens for some of his awesome stuff. I also got one of the last "Radioactive Recovery" sets he had on hand. Also received a partially complete AT helicopter yesterday, which will allow me to finally assemble an AT helicopter with all of the parts unbroken and unwarped. I'll post some pics hopefully this weekend under the "Latest projects" thread. Today, I managed to win an Ebay auction for 10 Adventure Team outfits, a Mike Power figure and a lot of AT Training Center gear, including two black lebel revolvers and a black .45 plus the brown M-1 carbine. I'm looking forward to its arrival. No telling what else is included in the set. I try usually only to bid on larger lots - since I think they're more likely to have gear in good condition, and also since they're easier to get at a better price than bidding on individual pieces.
      Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-14-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	3916 Won one additional lot on Ebay today. This one completes my AT Training Center (except I don't have the box). Among other things, it has the snake, an intact handlebar, and the last pole I need for the tarp on the cave. It also has extras I need for a second AT Training Center I'm planning to sell. So now I've finished another set. AT Training Center. Feels good. Now I just need to take some photos, and post the extra tower on Ebay myself. It will be the first set I put up for sale on the bay. I'll then add some other stuff, like an AT Headquarters, a spare Troubleshooter, and some AT Helicopter parts. I also will probably put up a couple of smaller sets, like the firefighter, space suits, Jungle Survival set, Spy Island set, and the extra Capture of the Pygmy Gorilla set I have. It should be fun putting these up for sale. Hopefully I'll have it up and ready to go in a few weeks. Nice to finally get this off the ground.
        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-14-2020, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I just picked up these two Canadian figures over the holidays. I was unaware that the boxes were unique to Canada (other than the French language editions). As you can see they did the lithograph directly onto the folded paper box. They're very thin and fragile, hence not too many survive. I had to do some glue repair to the box tops and tape repair to the lower boxes. The figures themselves were near mint. A seamstress friend had to repair their shoulder elastic. I think they display pretty nice. Now to get them some paperwork.

GIJOEMOA

Comment

Well, it only took me a couple of months longer to get up on Ebay. I now have a page there, and have sold 8 lots/items so far. I have another 10 up for sale there now. My user name is the same as on here. I've also been buying some pieces to complete sets recently with my Ebay proceeds. I picked up the Club Black & White Sailor (completing my collection of that set), the Club Lost Talker Soldier (completing that collection), the AT Fight for Survival set, and a blue backpack to complete that set, a Navy life ring, a camo dickie for the 2nd Green Beret I'm putting together, a nice yellow AT life vest to complete my Fantastic Freefall set, a nice orange life vest with all the straps and rings for my Scramble Pilot, a straight ridge pole for the White Tiger Hunt tent (completing that set), the glow rock from Radiation Detection (completing that set too), and a new tail section for my second AT Helicopter I'm building. It's been an eventful 2 months. I've also acquired a Joe or two. Look in the Latest Projects thread to see my most recent vintage Joe buy - an incomplete Air Adventurer which was in pieces. I got him for $35.
            Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 03-10-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I think you must have broken some kind of record for "most active GI Joe collector!" Huzzah!

Comment

Yeah, I've been busy for sure. I'm slowing down now - partly through having found many of my grails, but also from lack of funds. I've put more stuff on Ebay, and will probably list a few more things shortly to raise capital. It's been a fun two months on the Joe front.

Comment

I've been in acquisition mode again for the past week. Getting back into the hobby. I am getting parts for the MSV, and some Classic Collection Joes. I also am about to close a deal which I'll announce here when it's paid for. It's a holy grail for many of us, and I'm looking forward to posting pics when it comes home with mail call. Very excited to share this with you all. I'm also officially taking 3 weeks off around Christmas and will be doing some reorganizing in my study/Joe room. I hope to have another shelf to display Adventure Team Joes very soon. Main goal is to make it easier to work (and walk) in there. But Joe should benefit too. Cheers!

Comment

Okay, bought and paid for. Figure is in the mail. I just pulled the trigger on what I believe is a 1967 Marine Jungle Fighter uniform, in very nice condition. It's currently on an AT figure which is a little beat up, but can be restored. Pics will be posted when he arrives. Never thought I'd acquire this set at this price.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	4591Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	4592Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	4593Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	4594Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	4595
                      Here he is! Mail call today brought in this wounded trooper. He seems to have paint or something covering his face and neck, and it looks grey. Will probably come off with a good wash. The right hand is also a dried out KFG hand, while the left hand is the original HH kind. I'll have to decide which to make him. I'm leaning towards KFG however, since I don't have many of those. He also will need at least a partial reflock. The uniform is beautiful. Small rust spot in the middle of the back, but both shirt and pants are Hong Kong tagged, and all snaps are present. Color is nice too. Not much fading. I found this guy by responding to an ad for a vintage Joe on Facebook marketplace. I asked the seller whether he was still available, and when she said it was, I asked whether they had any other Joe stuff. She send pictures of 7 Joes and 4 footlockers. I told her I was interested in the guy in the green outfit, and she said they could do $60 for him - so I happily agreed! They wanted $2000 for the rest of the set, which is too rich for my blood though. So today my Joe arrived in a splendid 1967 Jungle Fighter uniform. He also came with short black boots in minty condition and an AT dog tag with vintage chain. The figure himself has no cracks that I can find. Really nice figure but for the (hopefully) paint job and the flocking. Should make a nice addition to the Adventure Team. The uniform of course will go to a deserving Action Marine in my collection. I'll have to decide which one gets the treatment. Then I'll post pics of the whole set. Try Facebook marketplace! You never know what you're gonna find!
                      Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-12-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Great score! I've heard the Marine Jungle uniform is prone to fading, and that it's hard to get a set of pants and shirt that match in color. And for 60 bucks? That's a steal.
                        You mentioned getting a mixed set of hands, I noticed he seems to have two left hands. The right hand is a gripping left hand, what I can tell from the photos.

I know you're leaning toward KFG, but since the right hand (as you said was dried out) is a left hand, if it were me I would go with the original hard hands. Since that's
                        what the figure originally came with. Just my humble opinion, after all it's up to you.

But like I said, it's a Great Score! The uniform of the set is the hardest to find in good condition, the accessories shouldn't be too hard to find. He will be a great addition to your collection!

Daryl

Comment

Here is the new uniform on a PH Joe who has been used as an Action Marine. I have all of the accessories in various bins, so will need to get the quartermaster (me) to dig into the stores and outfit this guy. Here's a better picture showing the awesome color of this uniform. The only real issue with the uniform is the snaps. They are all in various stages of corrosion, and the center snap on the front of the shirt will not stay closed. But I think this is a minor issue.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	4613Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	4612

There are still some good deals out there. I found this on Ebay a few days ago for $99. I thought that was a good price for an all-vintage Astro locker. I hope they post some of the other '69 lockers at that price!

Comment

I've been buying several things from Ebay in the past few days. I put a bid on two AT Joes on Facebook marketplace. I think I'll get them. I also tried to buy a vintage Abominable Snowman with a paint-free pygmy gorilla on Etsy today, but the seller backed out after I purchased and paid for the two (and also an AT shoulder holster). He said his fiancee had posted the sales prematurely and apologized, but then relisted all three items at much higher prices. I was getting all three for about $84, and the re-posted prices were north of $120 all together. What a raw deal! If you ever deal with an Atlanta reseller, check with me. You don't want to deal with a dishonest seller ever. So tonight I looked around Ebay, and found 3p of repro tall brown boots. The seller offered a discount, which I accepted. I got all three for less than the cost of 1p of vintage boots. These will stand in for now, until I can get vintage for the Marines I'm putting together - plus a couple of soldiers. And I also ordered a Sea Adventurer today, who comes with a lot of clothes, but whether they're Gi Joe is questionable. His flocking looks perfect though. Most of my Sea Adventurers have sort of crushed hair, or they look too uniform and neat. I don't think they're reflocks, but they don't quite look like the other Joes. Tonight I finally purchased one of the Canadian replicas of the Adventure wooden locker. I've been wanting one for a long time - especially since finding the vintage Astro Locker. So that's a box checked for me. And I also picked up a set of 3 Gi Joe vintage machetes. I'm going to need one of the 3 very soon, since I'll be putting together my Mouth of Doom set. This way I'll have a couple of spares.

Comment

Scumbag alert! That was pretty low for the guy to back out after you paid for them. I think the original price is a bit steep. Although Joe stuff is selling for more than it did a few years ago, I got a couple of pygmy gorillas and a shoulder holster
                                for far less than $84. And I'm talking three different sellers. The shoulder holster was the highest at maybe $25. I think I got the gorillas for around $8-10 each.

I found out after becoming an adult collector that a lot of the uniforms I had as a child were Fighting Yank, not Joe. So when you get the Sea Adventurer, and the clothes are not Joe, I would appreciate it if you let me know. I have a handful
                                of Fighting Yank figures I got through the years (I didn't know about them when I was a kid) but it would be great if I could get some of the clothing for them.

The Marine Jungle Fighter set has a machete, so if you don't already have one, that will leave you with one extra.

Vintage boots, I have found, are hard to get. And not cheap. That's why my vintage guys are wearing repros. LOL

You seem to have a knack at finding great item lots and other stuff!

Daryl

Comment

Working...
                                X