• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I''ve got a latest find... Sgt Rock and the soldiers from Easy Company, all NIB! Found 'em on a top shelf in my Joe Room. Forgot I had 'em. Huh! Who knew?
    - ATC

Comment

Very cool ATC! I only have MME. Marie and Miss Fear. I don't have any of the Sgt. Rock guys. I have the Hasbro equivalent, Sgt. Savage. He was an HOF figure, but I put him on a CC body.

Comment

Some of those HOF sculpts were pretty decent! I put some on SA bodies and made a WWII German special forces paratrooper squad out of 'em:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hof.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	5287
        The leader is, of course, not a HOF, but is instead a cigar-smoking officer (I think it was a 21C tanker head sculpt). The uniforms and accessories are a mish-mash of stuff, but mostly 21st Century and Dragon. I put these together YEARS ago... before my kids all outgrew me. About all of my Joes are in squads, for easy wargaming deployment. Army squad, Marine Squad, Japanese Squad, German Squad, you get the idea). We used them in our Joe Wargaming (COMBAT rules on my website http://www.gijoe.50megs.com/). These joes saw a lot of action before being "aged" into retirement. I "aged out" of Joes when I discovered girls and motorcycles. Same thing happened with my boys.
        Now the squads of Joes are all waiting for grandkids to see action again.
        - ATC

Comment

Nice squad! I see Rock-n-Roll, Duke and Ace. I haven't converted my desert camo Duke or Ace, but I have converted my Rock-n-Roll figure.
          Along with my Sgt. Savage figure. With CC bodies.

I customized my Rock-n-Roll figure to match the 3 3/4" version.
          Last edited by TNshooter; 08-20-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

The guy in the rear of my squad is flint. I think those are the only HOF figures I have. Nice job on your rock and roll!
            - ATC

Comment

Thanks ATC, I'm glad you like the Rock and Roll. I had been wanting to set him up like that for a long time, I was finally able to find
              a second gun in the same colors as the one I had. They had a few variations. I didn't recognize Flint right away, probably because
              of the helmet.

Comment

Flint is narcissistic. He's losing a little bit of hair on one side, and is very self-conscious. He tries to keep his helmet on. Especially if Jane is looking...
                - ATC

Comment

I finally bought something. It's from 1976 AT. The Intruder Commander! I never had one of these, and am looking forward to having him lurk around the AT Headquarters, or maybe hijacking the ATV for a little spin in search of Van Camps Pork & Beans! Here are some photos from Ebay. He should be arriving before Halloween. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (53).jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	5317 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600(53).jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	5318
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice pickup Myles! It's sometimes hard to find them with the original suit. The tabs break off and people toss them, I suppose.

Comment

• cool stuff

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• very cool stuff

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	5348
                            I won an auction last night for an equipment tester - at least the main parts. I can get the legs from a repro guy on Ebay. The real legs are $88 on another seller's page. I think I'll skip it. The repro ones look and work great. My Adventure Team equipment shed is getting full. At least now the Team can check out the other gear, and find out what's wrong. This unit is a little banged up. No doubt from some rough operation back in the 1970s. But it's not a serious flaw. All of the working parts are functional, and the equipment dials work. The price was also right at about $44. The Commander is pleased with the Quartermaster's work. I can't complain.
                            Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-24-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Last night I ordered 3p of Geyperman action hands for future KFG hand replacements. I've waited and waited for Cotswold to restock. But I haven't seen any for months. I finally broke down and ordered them from Hobbycrash. I got some of their type 1 KFG hands last time, and they are very soft and didn't grip the pegs very well. The new Type 2 hands are supposed to be better. I think they may be the ones Cots stocked. Anyway, they are now on their way to me. Who knows how long the delivery time will be? I have had overseas items arrive after 2 or 3 months lately. Maybe by then, I'll have some AT members in need of new hands. LOL

Comment

• Good luck with delivery times. I hope they arrive before you die of old age. I've been waiting for an Amazon prime delivery for over 2 months now. It was supposed to ship in 2 days. :-( I guess crazy inflation, a crappy economy, and broken supply chain is how we build back better.
                                -ATC

Comment

Working...
                                X