• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Always a good day when you can find good stuff on the bay.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Lately, I've been interested in Falcon and Geyperman figures. I bought two Geyperman figures from Cots, and one Falcon in a futuristic spacesuit with red boots. He's a muscle body, and I can't figure out how to get the boots off without pulling off his feet, which feel as if they are held on with elastic. I also ordered a polar explorer set from Hobbycrash of Geyperman. I think I'll be finished after that. I like the figures and the original accessories. Nice addition to my collection.

Comment

• I've often thought some of those such were pretty cool, but never picked any of them up! Merry Christmas to you! :-)
        - ATC

Comment

• I found an R. Lee Ermey figure the other day really cheap on FB marketplace. I went and picked it up today. It's the one in dress greens. Still talks too! I asked the guy when I picked him up if he had any Joes or other figures. He brought out two, but one was a Sideshow John Wayne figure in Tiger Stripe cammies from the Green Berets. So I snapped that up too.

Comment

• Nice!
            Unexpected finds in the wild are the best!
            :-)
            - ATC

Comment

• I've been putting things away that were gathering dust on my shelves. Mostly pieces of Gi Joe sets. I found an unused Stanley tool box with a clear lid, and filled it with accessories for Joe. In the process I found the vacuum formed campfire for Raging River Dam-up, and put it in the special box I got for that set. I also received the binoculars with rubber strap which I won last week in a Joezeta auction. So now I have at least two pieces of the set. I'm sure somewhere I have the silver canteen. I also found the silver clasp knife from Jungle Ordeal. So I'll put that with the uniform soon. Not really a find, but I also put one of my "new" PH figures (blonde) in the West Point Cadet uniform I bought from Kenny McGregor. It looks really nice, only missing the black plume. Supposedly someone is making and selling those. I hope to locate one soon.
              Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-16-2023, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (65).jpg Views:	2 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	5835 Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (64).jpg Views:	2 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	5836

Mail call today brought this nice KFG Land Adventurer. All he needs is his uniform, a rifle, tag, and some KFG hands. I have a lot in stock.
                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-13-2023, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	5840

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1320.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	5839 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1319.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	5838

These are the two latest Joes to join the team. They look like they just walked out of the bush! The Land Adventurer is from the post above, only I put KFG hands on him last night, and found a uniform for him in the same lot the Sea Adventurer came in. The Sea Adventurer was from Facebook Marketplace, and includes an Astronaut white jumper and one space boot, plus a KO crash crew outfit with a very heavy duty hood and yellow face sheild. The Sea Adventurer's uniform is his original, and included the boots. I still need to find boots for my Land Adventurer, and for a few other Joes I got recently. Those are coming from Ebay in a lot I won today.

Comment

• Nice. The fuzz looks really good. Looks like some very minor rubs on the first Joe, but over all, very clean.
                    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                    Want to see my new art? Check out:
                    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• I bought another large lot today on FB marketplace. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the goodies on their way to my command post!

Click image for larger version

Name:	322771718_6144028002296165_5778502433354074763_n.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	5862 Click image for larger version

Name:	321312261_6109348962462430_409953086921041568_n.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	5863 Click image for larger version

Name:	322861183_8506080362798723_5192862425564000526_n.jpg
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	5864 Click image for larger version

Name:	322778722_5791431827600814_4871050076853217570_n.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	5865

Comment

• I went through the lot I purchased yesterday after bringing it home. I'm afraid I paid too much, however there are some gems here. The Adventure Team Headquarters and box are in wonderful condition. I will replace my current HQ with this one since it has few wrinkles or buckles in the vinyl. Also the hangars and shelves are intact. And it also came with the original instruction sheet. The Troubleshooter came with only the parts in the photo. I won't get much for it unfortunately. The Sea Wolf is missing the tip of the periscope, the viewscreen, the rudder, the bubble, and the black pieces that attach to the nose. I have several other parts but it will be a long time to complete this one. Also, it is slightly yellowed, and there is a crack in the plastic near the bubble. I can fix it, but am disappointed with this piece. The Gi Joe pictured is the only vintage figure in the lot. He needs restringing badly, and his face is probably painted with black acrylic paint. I cannot make it any better with alcohol and swabs. So I may replace the head entirely instead. Bummer.

Most of the clothing is for a modern SA Gi Joe and two Ultimate Soldier figures (not pictured). The vintage clothing includes one nice Air Adventurer outfit, and a Secret Agent coat, Secret Rendezvous - the uni the Joe is wearing, and a few Action Soldier shirts and 1p pants, and a complete Action Sailor outfit - with a beat up and stained shirt. There is also a rough Sea Adventurer shirt, and a few other AT items included. Much is broken, but a few items are okay. There is also a mummy, but someone put rubber cement on it in two places probably to keep it from flying open. I removed most of it. and it works and looks fine.

The set also included the Big Jim Camper and box. The box is also nice, but with one end caved in. It could easily be restored. The camper is in good shape, and there are a few chairs and other Big Jim gear. Last night I restored my Big Jim figure with a spare leg I won in Ebay in the distant past. I watched a video from Toy Tinker Tim and it showed how easy it is to pop on a leg and remove it. So now I have to decide whether to display Big Jim or sell him. The campers get next to nothing on Ebay, so maybe I should just keep him. Dunno.
                        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-23-2023, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• Just seen the fuzzheads you picked up...Very nice!
                          Great to hear The AT Headquarters is in good shape on your lastest lot find! I see you got some vintage footlockers it looks like...I see some LSO paddles...

Comment

• The HQ is practically new. I've never seen a better one. So I replaced my old one last night and the new one is in it's place. The Joes have also moved into their new digs. You do see two LSO paddles, the stickers are worn, and may not be on both sides. I also have one missing the stickers.

Comment

• When I was a kid, I had that big Jim camper. It was pretty cool. The problem was that it was not well suited for outside play. The wheels were really tiny. And also it didn't hold up well to BBs or firecrackers. . I have no idea what happened to it, but I recently bought a replacement on ebay. The replacement that I got has saggy vinyl panels, but the brown floor piece, wheels, brown roof, and windshield were all in great shape. I am going to pull off all of the cardboard covered vinyl panels and replace them with sheet plastic. That way I can customize the van to be whatever I want. Fortunately, the van is actually in a decent scale for GI Joe. Not sure if I want to keep it as a camper, or if I'd rather make it some sort of mobile computer or drone Command Post out of it. That's on my "someday project" list. I've got to finish my rocket ship first.

Good luck fixing up the Sea Wolf and all the other goodies you found! There must be some way to get rid of the acrylic paint on Joe's face. I'm not sure what it is though...

Congrats on the sweet AT HQ!
                              - ATC

Comment

• Here are some new finds I purchased in December. The Capture Copter is Action Man and arrived from England in less than a week. I also picked up a headless commander from the same store. Both were ridiculously cheap. Even with shipping. The two black muscle body figures are Geyperman but purchased from Cotswold. They have a limit of 2 per customer. I'll eventually find some AT heads of the Adventurer, and will put them on brand new perfect bodies. It's hard to see but I also picked up one of Cots's black "Jake" heads and a mounting screw for the Desert Jeep extra wheel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240108_151417.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.9 KB ID:	6243 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240108_151352.jpg Views:	1 Size:	174.6 KB ID:	6244 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240108_151402.jpg Views:	1 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	6245
                                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-09-2024, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X