• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyflash View Post
    I stopped playing with my Joes when I discovered girls can be fun to play with when I was about 13. I did however admire the Big Trapper when in came out in 1976 as I was a huge MSV fan when it came out. Recently decided to add the Big Trapper set to my collection after all these years. It would cost me about 4 bills to purchase a complete set with the box. So with this in mind I have slowly began purchasing what I need for the set a little at a time. As we all know this does not come cheap but I hope to keep it way under 4 bills. Even had to have an Commander Intruder shipped from across the pond. A really nice lady gave me a great deal on a mint one.
    Here is my completed Big Trapper set. I had to purchase three of them to get everything I needed. Sold off the extras. Did well regarding final cost.

Comment

Your Big Trapper looks amazing! Well done!

Comment

I haven't had much time for projects lately. Lots of stuff going on on the homefront. My Land Adventurer head finally arrived after several weeks. This is the head for the figure from Post 27 above. I had the spot on his chin filled in, and the small patch on the left side of his head is now also patched. The rest of the flocking is still original. I have reattached the head, and here are some "after" photos for you! I haven't decided which uniform set to outfit him with yet. He still has a loose right knee, and a loose right ankle joint (which will be okay once I get a boot on the foot. So he will require a figure stand, or maybe I'll put him on a drag bike. Not sure yet. Anyway, he's finished for now. Next up will be to send several heads out for reflocking. Then I have a figure from posts 32 and 35 above which needs restringing. I'll post pics when he's reassembled.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190821_135244.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	3590
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 08-22-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Looking good.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	3661

Today I dug out my bag of drag bike parts, thinking I could assemble 2 complete bikes. Well, I found I hadn't yet gotten a new rear axle made, so only one is assembled today. This one is 100% vintage. The next one will have the currystoys red end caps and connector on the axles and the steering column. So I'll have a vintage and a modern fix-me-up version of the bike. Here's the vintage one. All it needs is a little TLC to look new. Nothing a little black paint, a chrome pen, and some new stickers won't solve.
            Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-02-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Nice! Huzzah!!!

Comment

Looking good Myles!

Comment

Well as a adult collector my divers never had vintage suits... Always wore reproduction... So decided to change that and picked these vintage suits up...
                  Right now I'm on the hunt for a vintage Action Marine box...Other then that its been quiet here on the Gijoe front...

Comment

Okay! Newest project (a small one but significant). I'm in the process of setting up Adventure Team Headquarters! It is now on top of the hutch of a desk in my study, and waiting to raise the tower and move in the gear. The Joes are already up there working, but the Commander is still driving in. I hope to have photos of the completed layout in the next day or so. For now, the move is on. The only casualty so far was a reproduction tripod leg for the Tank Commander's radio. I'll have to beg Matsquatch customs for a new one. Other than that it's been smooth sailing.
                    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-10-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

That reminds me, I need to dig up my AT Headquarters and Mike Power's Secret Mountain Outpost and work on them I also need to get all my 3 3/4" Joe vehicles from my mom's and work on them. Too much to do and not enough time.
                      Last edited by GeekDragon; 10-15-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	3707Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224030.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	3708Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224053.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	3709Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_223935.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	3706
                        Today I got a KFG Air Adventurer in the mail call. He has great flocking but had really brittle and dried out KFG hands. So this evening I just casually removed the old crusty hands and put new Geyperman action hands from Cots on instead. I love these new replacement hands. Easy to install and they look great! I'll post a pic a little later this evening once I get my phone back from my son. Okay! The pics are uploaded. I'm trying to decide if this is original flocking or a reflock. But he looks good either way. The face needs a good wash, which I'll get to soon. I put him in my copter rescue uniform for now, but he still needs boots and other accessories. But this is him and his new hands. Big improvement. Another new member of the Adventure Team. I did not have a KFG Air Adventurer. Now I just need a KFG Sea Adventurer and..... I'm not sure I want to go there. My policy is, if they start KFG, they (usually) stay KFG. If they're hard hands, they stay hard hands. Maybe I'll never have a complete KFG team. Doesn't really matter to me as long as I can put out the sets I want with the Joes I have on hand. I'll soon be sending 5 heads off for reflocking. 3 Land Adventurers, and 2 Sea Adventurers. Then I have a box of other cheapo figures which also will need some reflocked. I'm doing them separately so I can keep track of which head goes on which body. I don't like to swap them around if I don't have to. More later!
                        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-20-2019, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekDragon View Post
                          Here are my projects. First up is the SOTW I restrung last year. The uniform is vintage, but I'm not sure if the helmet is vintage. The rest are Cots. I do want to go all vintage with this one, so if anyone has anything for a decent price let me know.

2nd pic is my next project. I got this one in a parts lot off ebay like 15 years ago. I have the restringing kit from Cots for the arms. The head looks like it still has alittle black paint for the hair, so that's what I'm gonna paint his hair.

3rd pic is a figure I picked up from a thrift store. gonna completely redo him with various parts form my parts bin. Not sure what I'm gonna do with him yet.

There are ALOT more projects I have going that involves 3 3/4" Joes and Star Wars, like restore my Death Star Command Station, finish complete my vintage AT-AT, restoring my 3 3/4 Joe vehicles and much more. Plus, theres my art. Too much!!!!!!!
                          GeekDragon, Do you need vintage boots for your German SOTW?

Comment

Myles, yes I do, as a matter of fact.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Cotswold finally got more of their Geyperman KFG hands in stock. So I ordered 3 pairs today. Should come in handy for some of the KFG figures I've acquired with discolored or broken KFG hands. Nice to see these restocked. They're much nicer than the Elite Brigade action hands, and more flexible.

Comment

Working...
                                X