• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: Got the figure, so the project can get underway!

Comment

Restrung a Talking Man of Action recently... Going to restring my AT Commander and Black AT Commander soon...
      I'm sending the AT Commander and MOA talk boxes to Scott Wilde to be repaired...That I know nothing about...lol
      The black Commander seems to talk ok so he will only get restrung...

Comment

I finally got around to working on one of my many projects. I was able to resting this guys arm with Cots restringing kit. He also has Cots feet, hands, and upper right arm. I may have to restring his legs eventually because the original elastic isn't like it used to be. But, for now, it still holds up. Now I need to clean up his face and repaint. There is still some black on his head, so I am assuming he is a brunette, so that's what he will be. Here is a before and after pic.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	3797
          I'm beginning to get rid of some of my less wanted figures and to focus on the nicer figures and vehicles. Primarily vintage. I put some Walmart Joes up for trade at the Facebook page today. I'll post them in the Classified section too if there's no interest. My latest acquisition is the main part of the AT Trouble Shooter. I never had one of these as a kid, and from the price tag on most never thought I would. But I acquired three different parts of the Troubleshooter in various lots I've purchased, and then a few days ago, I ran across an auction on Ebay for the Troubleshooter with no pieces except the tracks and wheels - for a good price. So I won the auction, it arrived yesterday, and today I slapped on the parts I have. So here's how it looks so far. I know I need stickers, and the body could use a good cleaning and polishing. I need the battery cover and antenna, the windshield, the orange front grille which says "Trouble shooter" and the two small black pieces which go on top. But I'm satisfied with the progress so far. Here's a pic so you can see the beginning shot of this project.

Comment

That's coming along great Myles_Falworth! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
              Okay! Newest project (a small one but significant). I'm in the process of setting up Adventure Team Headquarters! It is now on top of the hutch of a desk in my study, and waiting to raise the tower and move in the gear. The Joes are already up there working, but the Commander is still driving in. I hope to have photos of the completed layout in the next day or so. For now, the move is on. The only casualty so far was a reproduction tripod leg for the Tank Commander's radio. I'll have to beg Matsquatch customs for a new one. Other than that it's been smooth sailing.
              I'm currently working on an AT Headquarters as well. Hope your HQ is coming along. Post pics when you are done. The search is on for me for the many small pieces. Some are hard to find and the sellers know it. They don't come cheap.

Comment

Already did in this thread: http://www.thetrenchesforum.com/foru...rting-for-duty

Comment

Originally posted by tonyflash View Post

I'm currently working on an AT Headquarters as well. Hope your HQ is coming along. Post pics when you are done. The search is on for me for the many small pieces. Some are hard to find and the sellers know it. They don't come cheap.
                  What pieces are you looking for? I have several extras. If you're interested let me know. I never heard back from the other guy who was interested.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_826.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	3851

Yesterday's mail call contained some helicopter parts I wanted. I needed a good set of struts to complete my AT Helicopter. The ones I had were slightly warped. So here finally, is the unrestored AT Helicopter. I will need to do some cleanup on it as there is some dirt, but overall it's in good shape. The instrument panel sticker is missing, so hopefully I can find that without too much difficulty. I have a set of decals for the helo, but not sure it contains the controls too. This is the first time I've had a complete AT helicopter since 1971. Really happy to have this in my study. Brings back some good memories of my time with Joe.
                    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-12-2019, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• LittleGreeneMan
                      LittleGreeneMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm pretty sure Patches of Pride can hook you up with the stickers you need to get this back in its original intended condition. ---Paul

Myles_Falworth,

The AT helicopter is a very cool piece of kit, it can also be easily converted for M*A*S*H duties without too much work, the stretchers gave me the idea, or firefighting duties with a water barrel straddling the under back frame, there's so many customizing possibilities for that helicopter.
                    Last edited by amwic; 12-26-2019, 08:03 PM.
                    Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

I picked up a beat up Air Adventurer on Ebay a week or two ago. Here he is before restoration. His flocking only has a couple of minor rubs. Nothing to be concerned about. Good face too. I'll just fix this guy up and clean him up for reassignment to the Adventure Team. He just needs some hands and parts of two arms. Piece of cake! Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	3870Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (10).jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3871Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (11).jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	3872Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (12).jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	3873

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post

What pieces are you looking for? I have several extras. If you're interested let me know. I never heard back from the other guy who was interested.
                        Sorry for the delay in my reply. Between Thanksgiving and getting ready for Christmas the month has just flown by. I was able to find many of the pieces. I'll try to post some photos soon.

Comment

Here are some photos of my completed AT HQ. I was even able to find the very hard to get box bottom to the map table. Also have the box in good condition.

Comment

Looks great! Very nice condition!

Comment

Just completed repairing this Air Security black radio. When I originally got it the top flap and part of the back and right side vinyl was missing. I used a common brown vinyl radio, painted it black and glued it to the black plastic radio. I then slid the original lower vinyl on. I think it displays great.

GIJOEMOA
                              Last edited by GIJOEMOA; 01-14-2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X