• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another project I held off completing for the past 18 months. Over the holidays I finally replaced the elastic in all these binoculars (I just found the one in front so I'll work on it later). Without the elastic they're practically worthless but now they look as good as new.

GIJOEMOA

Comment

Nice! Is the elastic from a particular source? Is it the same diameter and stretchiness as vintage?

Comment

• GIJOEMOA
        GIJOEMOA commented
        Editing a comment
        It's available on Amazon. Just type in ".5mm black elastic thread". I think its price is between $7 and $8 per roll.

My newest project is going to be my first Muscle body build. I purchased this Man of Action from Ebay yesterday, and I already have the kit from Cots to do the rebuild. Just need to get some good glue. I already have a
      minty uniform waiting for him. Looking forward to adding this hombre to the Adventure Team!

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3966Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	3967

Comment

Nice. He's gonna look good all fixed up.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Muscle bodies are fun to work on. I am working on a Bulletman right now. The torso is kinda loose, gonna look for a tighter one at Joe Lanta.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I finally got around to sewing these sets into these beautiful reproduction boxes I acquired on Ebay. My cutting was off on all three (corrected on a fourth box which I haven't started) but they still look great.

Comment

Congrats,m GIJOE MOA! Those repro boxed sets came out GREAT!
              Huzzah!
              - ATC

Comment

Tonight I felt like doing a little work on one of my many Joe projects. So I dragged out my parts bin, and the Cots restring kits and restrung my Air Adventurer that I bought in pieces (and missing a few). I've outfitted him with a "new" right forearm and hand, and I also happened to have a spare abdomen in the box, so he got that too. Who knows how long this guy has been unassembled? The connectors inside were pretty rusted out, but the exterior rivets all look fine. I am going to put on a left hand as soon as I knock out the broken peg from his left wrist, and remove the hand from one of my arms not in use. Then he'll get a decent orange jumpsuit I have waiting for him. Here he is so far. The pics before in pieces are at post 71 above. Enjoy!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200219_014420.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	4010Click image for larger version  Name:	20200219_014448.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	4011Click image for larger version  Name:	20200219_014508.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	4012
                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 02-19-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Looking good. I love seeing pics of old broken Joes brought back to life.
                  The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                  Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                  www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                  Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                  www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                  Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                  www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                  Want to see my new art? Check out:
                  www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Last night I got some new restring kits from Marshall Made Collectibles. I like them for the long elastic which connects the head and the legs. Anyway, I pulled out the figure from post #32 and #35 and restrung his legs and neck post. The head is off at Flock Concepts getting the treatment, and when it gets back I'll remount it, and post some "after" photos. Then this Joe will be outfitted in blue jeans, red flannel shirt and leather bomber jacket. He'll be my first "casual" Joe. I also just might be making a deal for a huge collection including a bunch of Joes and 4 vehicles. I'll post pics if I manage to make the deal. If so, I'll have a bunch of restoration projects to work on, and probably some new things to sell too. If so, they'll go up on my Ebay page. I'll let everyone know first though. Looking forward to another year of projects, and especially of bringing old Joes back to life. One of the best parts of the hobby!!

Comment

Well, I wasn't quick enough on the draw apparently. I lost out on the large set with 4 vehicles. Bummer. But the heads are inbound and should arrive on Monday. Then I'll be mounting them and probably taking photos of the "new" AT guys. Some are the ones I've featured in this thread, and some are from other Joes I've bought and had put away until their hair could be restored. I'll probably do a group photo, and then refer to the ones you've seen here before. After that, I'll have another 6 to 8 heads needing reflocking. I'll probably go back with Flock Concepts since their flocking looks really nice - like the originals. Exactly what I wanted. I also have a new dvd cabinet arriving Sunday, and that will allow me to clear shelf space for many Adventure Team members in various AT uniforms - mostly from 1973 to be displayed. I'm really looking forward to that day. I only have the HQ, and three shelves of Joes displayed right now. I also have another Man of Action which needs restringing, and several of the Joes in the next batch to be reflocked also need new KFG hands. I can accomodate them all with the stock of Geyperman hands I've accumulated. So it will be a lot of projects coming up anyway, and some nice Joes to display at the end of it all. I hope to make it to the Kentuckiana show this year again, but so many things are piling up on the homefront that it's looking doubtful. I also won't make Joelanta this year either - but plan to one day soon. I was even invited out to Hawaii for my friend's retirement from the USN, and I don't see any way I can do that either. So I'll be working on the displays and hoping to acquire more nice pieces on Ebay or at Joezeta's auctions. Both good places to find Joe!

Comment

My newly reflocked heads arrived today from Flock Concepts. These were reflocked by Ray, and I'm very happy with the results. The material is different from the old days, and shows a shimmer when bright light is shown on them, however the colors are very nice, and I even got two different shades of red - just like back in the day! Here they are! See each photo for more comments. Enjoy!Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	4041Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	4042Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	4043Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	4044Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	107.6 KB ID:	4045
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 03-08-2020, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Very cool! Great results for sure. I especially like the 2 shades of red. I used to think it was just my eye sight (or photo lighting) that saw different shades of red. Now I know.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	4051

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	4052Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	4053

Well I'm on a roll! I managed to hammer out the wrist peg on the Air Adventurer. Harder than I thought. I had to put the forearm in a vise and then hammer it out. Worked well though. No cracks! So now he's got a new left hand. I also washed his face today for the first time, and he looks almost new! So now I've put him in my best remaining Air Adventurer jumper and given him one of my small stock of sidearms. All he needs now is a repro AT logo and he's good to go
                            Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 03-09-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X