• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like it'll be an easy restoration, Myles! Let's see pics when it's done!
    :-)
    - ATC

Comment

• Can anyone tell me a source for snaps? I could use a few.

Comment

• Cotswold? Michael's? Jo Ann Fabric? Walmart? Amazon? I give up. Sry.
        - ATC

Comment

• My next project, other than the 64 Joe restoration, is going to be to reorganize my collection. I have enough extra parts and pieces now to finish some sets, and I want to put all of them with the appropriate set. I'm going to put my military Joes back into boxes for now, since my study is getting cluttered beyond control, and I need the shelf space! Once I'm done, I should have extras to sell. I'll hope to post some items on my Ebay page after the new year.

Comment

• I didn't know you had an ebay page. Will you let us know what it is?

Comment

• https://www.ebay.com/usr/myles_falworth

Comment

• I'm getting ready to attempt restoration of a Muscle body Joe. He's a Land Adventurer, and I found the missing arm piece for him in my parts box a few days ago. I have the Cots kits, but am not sure I have a wire-cutter and punch to handle the rivet in the arm. Once I've decided I have the tools, I'll rebuild the Land Adventurer. If all goes well, I have a Man of Action which is really nice, and then Bulletman at long last. I ordered two new Cots kits last night to have enough. I think I'll get some elastic to attach the head the way Skull Reviews does his. I like that better than the piece of cord included in the Cot rebuild set.

Comment

• Success! I was able to cut the first rivet in the elbow of one of the arms. No problem, except the rivet went flying across the living room and disappeared! I guess the vacuum will find it eventually.

Comment

• Congrats! It is hard to cut out those rivets without damaging the plastic. What technique did you use?
                    -ATC

Comment

• I had a cheapo snip which I bought a while back. It looked a little flimsy but did the job nicely. The brand is Crescent, and it has a red rubber handle.
                      Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-09-2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• today I broke open the bicep pieces of the Muscle body Land Adventurer. First time I've ever done this. It's kind of scary since pegs break in the process. I didn't realize how much force was needed. Now I know. Next step is to get some elastic, and a good punch to flatten the rivet. I hope to get those today. If so, I may have photos later.

Comment

• I would love to see pics. One of these days I need to restore my childhood Muscle Body guy.
                          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                          Want to see my new art? Check out:
                          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	5550 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	5551 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	5552 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	5553 Here ya go!

Comment

• Sweet. Inspires me to fix up my AT figure.
                              The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                              Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                              www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                              Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                              www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                              Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                              www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                              Want to see my new art? Check out:
                              www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	5570 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	5571 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	5572

My next project will be a double restoration of these two figures I picked up from Ebay today.

Comment

Working...
                                X